Active Citizen Scholarship
At Sacred Heart College, we are proud of our long history and tradition of providing our students with a full learning experience that nurtures and develops their minds, their spirit, and their sense of self. We educate for life and for leadership, ensuring that our young people become happy, confident, and competent people of hope and personal integrity; with a deep sense of social responsibility to contribute to the world around them.
The Active Citizen Scholarship is awarded to students who can demonstrate their contribution to improving the lives of people around them. Community involvement, time to take care of other people, and involvement in environmental activism are some of the ways that active citizenry might be manifest.
- A completed application form.
- A digital CV including any awards, certificates, letters of recommendation that will support your application. List the names of any organisations, groups or people that are relevant to your application and include a letter of reference which reflects your involvement in your community.
- Latest annual / termly report.
- Video telling us why you qualify for this scholarship. Elaborate on how through your actions you have been active in your community to improve the lives of others. Describe what it is that you have been doing or have done and how it demonstrates your commitment to your community. Please include your reasons for doing this work and how it makes you feel. Tell us why you think you deserve this scholarship and provide any other information you think is important.
- A recent passport sized photograph of your head and shoulders.
- Copy of ID of both parent(s) / guardian(s).