Our high school students are given the opportunity to learn
in an innovative and exploratory way. We encourage our learners to lead
with their own voices. Our innovative teaching curriculum
inspires growth, knowledge and empowerment.
The coming decades will be shaped in unknown ways by the forces of science, technology, globalisation and geopolitics. Our curriculum is future focused which establishes strengths in the core subjects but is also integrated and varied enough to adapt to the demands of the 21st century.
We are as focused on emerging, innovative and creative subjects as we are on classic academic disciplines. Our students find fulfilment and success in a broad range of learning pathways: and succeed equally well in the study of the Arts or Sciences.
Our students engage pro-actively with their learning at school and at home; and are not afraid to take a risk or learn from mistakes; they are proud of their efforts and know that education is a long, exciting journey with both challenges and rewards.
Equally important is the development of interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, teamwork and leadership, and the ability to think on their feet and work under pressure. These aspects ready our students for anything that the future brings.
High News School News
We’re committed to nurturing each child’s spiritual integrity through opportunities
for prayer, reflection, meditation and contemplation. We do this in a multi-faith framework centred on Catholic beliefs and values.
- Sacramental preparation
- Reconciliation Services
- Community Service
Student wellbeing is an integral aspect of a student’s life at the College. We work collaboratively with students, parents, guardians and other community members to ensure a safe school environment, guided by our child safeguarding policy. The enhancement of spirituality and the education in faith in a multi-faith community is important. Our mandate, taken from the founder of the Marist Brothers, St Marcellin Champagnat, is to make Jesus Christ known and loved.
The Faith Formation at the College has several elements:
- Religious Education curriculum, where students deepen both their knowledge of the faith, as well as their own faith. In this sense, Religious Education is both an academic discipline, like any other subject, as well as being an opportunity to develop and deepen their own faith.
- Liturgy, where students participate in whole-school Masses and liturgies. Through these experiences, students derive a sense of community and a school culture where rituals reflect and nurture faith and Marist values.
- Retreats are an opportunity for students to reflect on their relationships with themselves, other people, and God.
- The social justice activities provide students with an opportunity to be of service to their community and wider-world through a variety of activities and fundraisers.
Culture and Sport
The main purpose of sport at the College is to provide everyone with the knowledge and experience to be active for life. Throughout the school the focus will be on providing opportunities for participation, enjoyment and excellence. All sports are offered to both boys and girls
Our programmes foster:
- Active participation throughout the school and this correlates positively with improved academic performance. Participation increases the likelihood of the student becoming an active adult.
- We believe in balance, which is why the cultural disciplines on offer are as extensive as the range of sports accommodated here. The emphasis is not on choosing either to be a sportsman or someone with a more cultural inclination, but for children to be able to access both and explore themselves and their environment through the range we offer. Where students show passion and talent, we encourage them to strive for excellence in their chosen sport.
We undertake to form well-balanced children by offering a variety of cultural
activities. Students can discover newfound talents, skills and passions
by participating in these activities.
- Game Design
- Mad Youth
- Enviro Club
- First Aid
- Marketing Club
All sports with the exception of cricket are offered to boys and girls
Private extracurricular activities
We offer additional extracurricular activities that provide students with the
opportunity to explore their creative, athletic and musical skills.